Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Over My Head

What with trying to solve a thorny problem regarding my poor, so-ill husband and preparing for the MWA/NY Revels which take (takes?) place today, I have had precious little time to consider an appropriate subject for CWC this week.

As the end of the year approaches, I will soon undertake the annual clean-up of the bookshelves.  So For your visual amusement, I offer you photos of what lurks on the shelves over my head when i sit at my computer.  This is what they look like after nearly a year of accumulating more or less random stuff.  Some things, you will notice, stay from year to year.  Others get tucked in as I accumulate them, particularly signed copies of the books by friends.  I carefully prune and reorganize it sometime after January 1.  And then by the end of next year it will look something like this again.








Annamaria Alfieri

5 comments:

  1. My prayers to you for the thorny problem... would that life was all roses and happy times... but we do what we can with what God and Life deals us... God bless you... tjs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Thelma. Good news about a pending solution came early this morning. FINGERS CROSSED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope deeply the "solution" will ease your worries, Annamaria, tjs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring! In my office, everything is still on the floor, I'm still running the air cleaner to get rid of the particle board stink, and I'm writing this on the dining room table. Brava, Annamaria, indeed. (I read your star ribbon.) You are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, THANK YOU!! My friend Tom Murphy--the first published novelist I ever met, made that for me when City of Silver garnered stars. I put it up there to remind me to work hard.

      Delete